Friday, April 10, 2009

Lovely and Amazing

• Friday, April 10, 2009 1:38 AM, PDT
I realize that I am quite behind with many things these days, one of them being this journal. Mike received his new chemotherapy last Thursday. He was a bit anxious about the new chemo, as it was through the I.V., rather than a pill. It turns out his worries were unwarranted, as he sailed right through the treatment with no significant side effects. This was a great blessing, as Mike had several small trips planned around this time.

For the past 5 days he has been on a trip with his mother, Barbara. I anticipate that they are having some quality time together. Next we spend a couple of days at Mike's Peace Corp reunion up in Inverness, the Point Reyes area. After that is a short surprise trip to celebrate my turning 50. Each of these outings should be relaxing, as too much activity can be kind of taxing on Mike.

Mike continues to be somewhat of an anomaly, as while at each MRI there is evidence of tumor growth, you wouldn't know it looking at Mike. He continues to amaze me with his functioning level being stable. His tumor growth was last seen in the upper frontal lobe, where there could be changes in one's personality. Mike and I were trying to make light of his situation, and trying to anticipate what changes could be ahead of us. What if the changes were a good thing? What if they changed some of his character flaws? Just kidding, I love Michael just the way he is....

I wish all of you many blessings.

Love. Dan

P.S. Mike and I have made a late decision to participate in the Brain Tumor Walk again this year. Anyone interested in making a donation may do so on our team page. You can donate by way of either one of our names. The money all goes to the same place.
http://www.braintumorcommunity.org/site/TR/Events/BTW-SF?team_id=21260&pg=team&fr_id=1380

No comments:

Post a Comment