Saturday, February 14, 2009

Bittersweet Valentine's Day

• Saturday, February 14, 2009 8:03 PM, CST
Today has been a very thought provoking day for me. I am so grateful for the love I have in my life. I feel honored to have Mike in my life, and enjoy the occasion to let him know that I love him with all my heart. I want everyone to know that Mike is doing well right now. He started a new round of chemotherapy on Monday, and though at times it is tough on his body and spirit, I am amazed by his resilience.
One of the ways that I have found my own strength to weather through this battle is through several online support networks. In reading, or corresponding, with other spouses/caregivers, I have had the privilege of being witness to the abounding love and care that is shared among them. It amazes me that even though these people are brought together by circumstances of great pain and sorrow, each one takes the time to lend a shoulder for others. I am finding that part of this shared journey is to be hopeful when others are losing hope. To help celebrate when they are given hopeful news, and to hold them up when this part of their loved one's journey ends.
Please take time to send loving energy to the many caregivers who have had the honor of caring for their loved ones. For some this is a bittersweet day. A day when they may strongly feel their loss, while also reflecting on the gift of love they shared.
Thank you for indulging me. At times this website is my opportunity to process thoughts and feelings. They may not always be informative, or intelligible, but by writing them I draw renewed spirit.
Thanks, and love. Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment